Networking and Quality Control
Objectives and Responsibility:
This Group was set-up for promoting R & D activities in area of networking and network-quality management. Major responsibility of this group is to manage, maintain and update the campus wide network. One of the major objectives of this group is to help universities that are under the purview of UGC in upgrading their ICT and network infrastructure. The Group is responsible for setting-up Data Centre and associated ICT & network infrastructure in INFLIBNET for hosting various databases and web-based services. The Group also imparts training programmes and workshop in the area of network management, security design and state-of-the-art technologies for library professionals across the country.
- Setting-up and maintenance of local area network at the INFLIBNET
- Assisting universities/ colleges in setting-up their Campus LAN
- Design network security policy of the Centre
- Network traffic management and network resources allocation
- System administration, configuration and tuning
- Disaster recovery plan for data hosted on the servers in the Centre
- System maintenance of all IT equipment at Centre.